I got a little absurd with my reply to this one. Poor Hannah.
Hey, it happens!
At least I’m not a robot spitting out form letters.
I took two silly pills and replied:
I am going to try my best not to call you “Hannah Banana.” You’ve probably heard that a lot from other people, and I guess you might be sick of it by now.
You know, the whole “Hannah Banana” thing.
It rhymes. Fine, okay, but people need to get over it. At a certain point, a serious person –- such as yourself – can’t go around being called “Hannah Banana.”
So I’m saying to you, I respect that. I will not call you “Hannah Banana.” Or hardly ever.
You asked six questions:
1) I had a dream that I wanted to write books. I felt I had something inside of me that had to get out: ink spilled on white paper.
2) I started thinking about a character, a boy, with a huge imagination. In one scene, he pretended to be a detective. The rest is history. 41 books in all!
3) No, I’ve never been to Madison. But I’d love to someday.
4) I don’t have a favorite book, but I find that I’m usually most excited about my newest book. In this case: The Courage Test (grades 4-7). I have a new Jigsaw Jones coming out, The Case from Outer Space, and I love how it turned it. Very funny. Look for it this summer.
5) I have a dog, Daisy, she’s a golden doodle; and two cats, Midnight and Frozone. They are both black. One is fat, the other not so much.
6) I loved college. The freedom! The books! The fun!
Thanks for your letter, Hannah Banana! Oops!
Leave a Reply