Just discovered this blog — and this book! — and I really like it. Surprisingly, it’s not all snark and wisecracks; most of the advice is almost traditional, but with a modern sensibility. There’s wit here, certainly, but heart also.
A few of my recent favorites (and I’ve only read about a 1/4 of the 400-plus rules so far):
409. A handshake beats an autograph.
405. No one wants to watch you practice the guitar.
401. You can do your homework after you finish playing outside.
400. In pickup hoops, let someone else call the fouls.
397. Don’t jog shirtless.
394. Try to lose the adverbs. Seriously.
9. Stand up for the little guy.
Great stuff, enjoy. And yes, I’m eyeballing that book as a Christmas present for a born son.
Leave a Reply