Around the web . . .
* This was sweet and lovely and instructive on the value of seeing things from a different point of view.
* I recently read this book and it’s just about perfect, a 135-page gem.
* Paste Magazine recently listed their “15 Favorite Tina Fey Moments” and I laughed all the way through. I bought the audiobook of Bossypants for Lisa, and she loved it.
* OMG (and I never, ever type “OMG” — so take note, people!), have you seen the brilliant, beautiful cover that Greg Ruth did for The Secret Journeys of Jack London by Tim Lebbon and Christopher Golden? It does everything a cover should do, makes you want to pick up the book and read it. Greg Ruth, my goodness. Wow.
* Okay, I guess Lois Lowry can be president after all. Seriously, I love her blog, somehow all that great humanity comes leaking through. And if my math’s not wrong, she looks terrific 97 years old.
* This is my favorite song from the new Fleet Foxes CD, “Helplessness Blues.” It’s a fan-made video of “Lorelai,” which opens with Brian Wilson-era harmonies and a touch of Dylan. “I was old news to you then, old news, old news to you then.”
Thanks for the assortment of tidbits. I too am enjoying that Fleet Foxes album.
Thanks, Travis. Always nice when you stop by. Have you heard THE CIVIL WARS? That’s the disk I’m really loving these days.