A few things:
* My Best Pal in the World Whom I Never Actually Met, Matthew Cordell, gets the “Random Illustrator” Feature over at Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast. They do a first-rate job over there, always.
* The fabulous Brenda Bowen — most recently of Bowen Press — has dusted herself off and started a new blog, called Bunny Eat Bunny. Just a thought: Maybe Brenda should have named it Bunny Dust Bunny. Or not! Anyway, Brenda is in the process of reinventing herself (she’s like Madonna that way) and I know many of us are eager to see what’s next. In the meantime, Brenda’s blog is just a nice way to stay in touch, to see an active, insightful mind at work.
* For bright bursts of optimism, beauty and creativity, is there any place on the web better than Color Me Katie? It’s a visual site, very little reading, and always a pleasure and an inspiration.
* I’d say this spot has been my favorite children’s literature blog of late: consistently excellent.
* The first, early review of Bystander, due out in Fall of ’09 (Feiwel and Friends).
Well this made my day. Being a children’s lit blog, I couldn’t be happier than to get a compliment from a children’s lit creator. Thanks for the kind words.
I am so excited Bill just gave me their copy to read over spring break! Can’t wait-hope Little League is going well-I remember those days!